The Fitness Center at The Villages at Ocean Hill (VOH) is one of the most popular amenities of the resort, and within Corolla, offering on-site access to a well-equipped work-out facility. Homeowners at The Villages at Ocean Hill can take advantage of this amenity to increase their renter satisfaction by joining the Rental Advantage Program (RAP). The RAP allows homeowners who rent their home to provide FREE use of the Fitness Center for up to six renters per rental week for a fee of $500 per year. Renters who are told that their homeowners have arranged for them to work out at no cost to them are thrilled as it truly represents a valuable benefit to them (a $170 value per rental week).
To join the program, simply call the VOH Site Manager at (252) 453-0162 and let them know you’d like to participate. Once your $500 invoice is paid you will receive a Fitness Center Flyer/RAP Introduction Card for placement in your home so your renters are informed of this extra amenity.
After you join, don’t forget to notify your rental company so that they can add this important benefit to your home’s listings.
A happy renter is a returning renter!
Fitness Center Information, Usage Policy & Rules:
Intent: The following rules and regulations have been adopted by the Board of Directors to ensure proper, safe and cost-effective use of the VOH Fitness Center.
Location: 1236 Lakeside Drive, Corolla. Access is off of Route 12 via Ocean Hill Blvd. West. Parking on site is limited. Families are requested to come in one vehicle when possible; walking and biking are encouraged. Phone number: (252) 453-9604.
Schedule: In-season (Saturday Memorial Day Weekend through Monday Labor Day): 7:00 am to 5:00 pm. Off-season: 7:00 am to 2:00 pm.
Admission: Daily and Weekly Passes and Associate Memberships are available to VOH renters and the public for a fee. Weekly Passes and Associate Membership cards are issued at the Fitness Center front counter on the initial visit. VOH renters who are staying in homes participating in the Renters Advantage Program (RAP) are entitled to six (6) free week passes and must present their Introductory Cards obtained from and signed by the Owner’s rental agent to qualify. Owners and their Guests may use the facility for no additional charge. A maximum of four individuals from a single house may use the Fitness Center at any one time.
General Usage Rules:
- The Fitness Center is accessible to current Owners in good standing.
- Owner Guests are defined as non-rental guests (no rental income received for the occupancy) who are currently staying at the Owner’s home with the Owner. If guests are staying at the home without the Owner, the Owner must call or e-mail in advance to introduce the Guest and authorize usage.*
- Daily and Weekly Passes and Associate Memberships are available to VOH renters and the public for a fee.
- Associate Memberships are non-transferable.
- Associate Memberships for couples and families apply only to those that live in the same household.
- If an Associate Members brings a Guest to the facility, the Guest will be charged a usage fee.
- Renters shall not be considered Guests and cannot use the Fitness Center without paying usage fees unless the home they are renting currently participates in the Renters Advantage Program (RAP).
- Homeowners and renters in Ocean Hill homes that have paid for a current Recreational Membership are entitled to up to six (6) free weekly passes per rental week.
*Owners will be responsible for verifying the status of their Guests at the request and discretion of Fitness Center staff and/or Management. Guests may use the facility in the absence of the Owner only when the Guest is in residence at the VOH property and the Owner has called or e-mailed in advance to introduce the Guest and authorize usage.
Fitness Center Rules:
We have posted the following rules to promote the safety and enjoyment of the facility by all.
- Everyone must have a valid pass to use the Fitness Center.
- All members and guests must sign in at the reception desk.
- Proper athletic footwear and attire is required.
- Wipe down equipment when finished. Disinfectant wipes are available for this purpose.
- Limit use of cardio equipment to 30 minutes when others are waiting.
- Re-rack all weights, plates and dumbbells.
- Do not drop weights. This is dangerous to the lifter and others.
- No screaming, yelling or use of obscenities allowed in the Fitness Center.
- No glass drinking containers in Fitness Center.
- No chalk, food or tobacco products are permitted.
- No horseplay will be tolerated.
- The televisions may be tuned to different channels, but the volume may be used for only one channel at a time.
- Individuals using the Fitness Center must be at least 16 years of age and be prepared to show proof of age if requested by Fitness Center Staff or Management.
- All Fitness Center users must comply with directions given by the Fitness Center Staff, without question.
All users of the Fitness Center acknowledge and accept the risk of injury or medical problems that may arise from use of the Fitness Center.