VOH BOARD OF DIRECTORS MINUTES OF MEETING 1/14/11
The meeting was called to order at 2:00 p.m. Dan Hunt, John Doub, Jim Blaylock, Bernadette McLoughlin, Frank Cetera, Dick and Vicky Garvey attended.
BOD ELECTION RESULTS FOR 2011 OFFICERS, ETC.
President: John Doub
Vice President: Bernadette McLoughlin
Treasurer: Jim Blaylock
Secretary: Dan Hunt
Landscape Committee Liaison: Jim Blaylock
Environmental Committee Liaison: Dan Hunt
LRPC Liaison: Bernadette McLoughlin
LONG RANGE PLANNING COMMITTEE
Joanna Tucker and Jeff Spokes have volunteered to join the committee. Items to be considered for LRPC actions in 2011 include upgrade of the VOH Website, Hurricane Preparedness, and Sharkys’ amenity enhancements. BOD will also review the results of the 2011 Renter Survey forms for additional LRPC topics.
HOMEOWNER REQUEST TO BOD
The Board reviewed the draft letter by Dan Hunt to a resident requesting financial assistance regarding personal water pumps. The Management Company will finalize the letter and forward to homeowner. Financial help from the VOH to the homeowner was unanimously denied.
LETTER TO VOH HOMEOWNERS REGARDING TRESPASSING TO OH1
A letter drafted by Dan Hunt, to VOH homeowners in the area where trespassing from VOH to OH1 has occurred, was approved. The letter informs these VOH homeowners of the OH1 changes being implemented via the local police to potentially issue citations to trespassers.
HIGH DUNE LOOP PATHWAY TO SANDCASTLE DRIVE
Dick Garvey provided photos showing that this pathway upgrade is nearly complete. The upgrade provides a crush-and-run leveled surface for foot traffic from HDL to Sandcastle Drive. For the safety of pedestrians, BOD agreed to install lockable/removable poles at each end of the pathway to prevent any auto traffic (poles can be removed to allow access by emergency vehicles).
PHASE 6 DRAINAGE PROJECT: WINDANCE LANE AT HOMEPORT CT.
Dick stated that this project is made more difficult by elevations of the land and that the current funding level for this project may be inadequate. John discussed the possibility of installing a pump to help remove this water. Dick Garvey and Bill Robinson remain committed to a gravity-fed system, are considering alternate designs and will make a recommendation on how to proceed at the Feb 12, 2011 BoD Meeting.
FUTURE BOD MEETINGS:
Saturday Feb 12 at 10:00 AM
Saturday March 26 at 10:00 AM
Saturday May 7 at 1:30 PM
Spring HOA meeting: Sat May 7 at 3:00 PM
FUTURE APPROVAL OF EXPENDITURES
John proposed a motion to require all money spent on behalf of VOH be run through the Management Co. There was a concern that the Landscape Committee might take offense to this procedure. The motion received no second and thus was withdrawn. John feels that the Management Company should be responsible for all expenditures. The Management Co. was requested to draft a procedure for the next meeting.
TENNIS COURT CONVERSION TO SPORTS COURT
John proposed a motion to reconsider this project. The VOH membership voted for the conversion at the Fall 2009 HOA meeting. Dan offered a motion to continue with the project as originally approved by the VOH membership. Motion passed.
INTERNAL PATHWAY ON WEST SIDE OF NC12
Bernadette offered a motion to begin clearing the common space immediately and to construct a pathway. Dan & John indicated that nothing could be cleared until a specific proposal for the pathway design was developed. BOD members wanted an opportunity to walk the open space and to gage the scope of the project. John & Bernadette were tasked with recommending a design and materials for discussion at the next meeting. The motion was withdrawn.
OTHER DISCUSSION POINTS
• Management Company will purchase Grass Carp for the Lake.
• Management Company will assemble an accurate email address distribution list for future communications
• VOH website will be updated to reflect current officers & liaisons
• Request for Fitness Center to be opened 365 days a year was unanimously denied.
• Request for Fitness Center to be opened exclusively to property owners for certain designated hours was unanimously denied.
• Request to purchase a curling bench if space permitted was unanimously approved.
• BOD will consider community participation prior to all future BOD meetings.
• BOD will review Tom Lutton’s proposal for Buy-In’s. Dan will send copy to BOD members.
The meeting adjourned at 4:00 p.m.